Welcome to the Brown Deer Men's Golf Club
Register for Membership (Click Here)
Match Play Formats - Register by April 30th
Season Prize $'s
Players Cup Point List (Top 50 Qualify for Finals)If you are interested in playing friendly, competitive golf on weekends with other avid golfers on Milwaukee's premiere public golf course, the Brown Deer Men's Golf Club is for you. If you are a prospective member and have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formed in 1934, the Brown Deer Men’s Golf Club is comprised of over 200 amateurs who enjoy playing competitive golf and the camaraderie of membership. The club holds several handicapped, scratch, stroke play, match play, individual and team competitions for its members each year at Brown Deer Park Golf Course and other Milwaukee area courses.
Annual club dues are as follows:
- Associate Membership (age 25 or less as of Jan. 1): $80
- Men 26+ (including seniors who have not been a member for 5 consecutive years): $130
- Men 65+ (as of Jan.1 and after 5 consecutive years as member): $95
To be eligible for play in events as a new member, you must have or establish an active handicap index less than 30. If higher after establishing an index, a player can choose to have all but $34 of his dues refunded (or remain a member but ineligible for competitions until index improves to 29.9 or better). Click here to register.
Our events - play as many as you can:
The Annual “Majors”
All Season - The Brown Deer Player’s Cup
Earn points throughout the year for performance in Match Play and the first five Majors The top 50 members play off at the end of the year during the “Wind-Up” for the low gross and low net players of the year.
1-2-3 game with 4-man teams (A-B-C-D assigned by the committee). Played at 85% of handicap. 8:00 a.m. shotgun start with lunch and brief club meeting after golf.
Saturday, June 3rd - The Memorial
Saturday, June 3rd - The Memorial
2-Man Blind Draw Best Ball Stableford (net). Played at 85% of handicap per USGA recommendations for 2-man best ball format. Tee times beginning at 7:06 a.m.
Sunday, June 25th - The Quota Classic
2-man teams earn points (modified Stableford, net) relative to a “quota” for their handicaps. Played at full handicap. Tee times beginning at 7:06 a.m.
Saturday, July 29th - The President’s Cup
Individual Stableford (gross and net). Tee times beginning at 7:06 a.m. Lunch at the turn or after golf included.
August 19th-20th - Bill Eckhardt Best Ball (New Member-Member or Member-Guest)
2-day, 2-person best ball, 85% of handicap. Members may register with another member or a guest (anyone with an active handicap index under 30, including women and children).
Saturday, September 30th - The Wind-Up
Individual stroke play (low gross and low net). Also, the “Players Cup” low net and low gross competitions for the top 50 members on the point list. 8:00 a.m. shotgun start. Played at 95% of handicap. Lunch and brief club meeting after golf.
Match play tournaments - play as many as you are eligible to play and schedule your own tee times before round due dates (May through September):
- Club Championship:36-man bracket, played at scratch. If more than 36 players register, the lowest handicap indexes are in.
- Cup Matches: 16-man brackets, flights A - D by handicap indexes, played at 100% handicap. The first 64 players are eligible.
- Senior Cup Matches: 16-man brackets, flights A - C by handicap indexes, played at 100% handicap. The first 48 players age 50+ are eligible.
- Kreger 2-Man Match Medal Tournament: 32-team bracket, handicapped at 100%, total net team score hole-by-hole. If more than 32 teams register, there will be a lottery as of April 30th. The defending champions get first right of refusal. If eliminated by lottery, your team will be eligible to play next year without going through a lottery.
Other weekend play:
- Spring Tour: Discounted golf on three weekends starting in mid-April at other area courses including The Irish Course and Blackwolf Run.
- Summer Tour: Tee times beginning at 7:06 a.m. on five to six weekend mornings for up to 48 members. Net stableford or game of the day formats for $10-15 prize fund entry.
Inter-club MCPLA matches (~ monthly):
Each club in the County fields teams of 12 members for each of four matches (teams can vary by event) and compete for a season-long point title. Matches are played at Brown Deer, Oakwood, Whitnall, Currie and Grant. Played at full handicap. Players typically compete against others with similar handicap indexes (low against low / high against high).
Other:Annual awards happy hour, dinner and year-end meeting - October, 2023 date TBD
Milwaukee County Public Links: www.mcplawi.com/p/events.html
WI Public Links: www.wiscpublinks.com
WI State Golf Association: http://wsga.org/